The RFI Modular Sleep System sleeping bags and other components are constructed to be used in conjunction with each other or separately to complete an interoperable system known as the extreme cold weather sleeping bag.
The RFI sleep system is designed to provide comfort in temperatures ranging from 50°F to -50°F when wearing various layers of extreme cold weather clothing.
These systems are available in various colors and configurations.
Water proof Bivy Cover
The Water proof Bivy Cover is produced utilizing waterproof, moisture-vapor-permeable material with all seams heat sealed.
Large Compression Stuff Sack
The large Compression Stuff Sack is constructed with water resistant materials with adequate volume for both bags as well as the Bivy cover. This unique sack compresses the system to one cubit foot.
Small Compression Stuff Sack
The small Compression Stuff Sack is also constructed with water resistant materials with adequate volume for two on the three components of the system.
The Rapid Fielding Initiative (RFI) Modular Sleep System includes:
The 5- Part Modular Sleep System -NSN # 8645-01-547-2757 includes:
- Foliage Patrol Bag
- Urban Intermediate Bag
- Universal Camouflage – Waterproof Bivy Cover
- Foliage – Small Stuff Sack
- Foliage – Large Stuff Sack
- Foliage Patrol Bag- NSN # 8465-01-547-2706, X-long NSN # 8465-01-547-2712
- Urban Intermediate Bag-NSN # 8465-01-547-2694, X-Long NSN # 8465-01-547-2697
- Universal Camouflage Waterproof Bivy Cover-NSN # 8465-01-547-2644, X-Long NSN # 8465-01-547-2355
- Foliage-Small Stuff Sack-NSN # 8465-01-547-2656
- Foliage-Large Stuff Sack-NSN # 8465-01-547-2670